Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Holding Onto Summer


I'm a little picky when it comes to choosing my favorite season. It can't be so hot that when I go outside my head bends like a sad sunflower. Then again, it can't be so cold that it forces me to pile on clothes waddle around. But what I am sure of is that I always crave my Vitamin D. But as much fun it can be in the sun you do need to protect yourself from el sol and sunglasses are a fun way to protect your beautiful eyes. 


And sunglasses don't have to be just sunglasses. As the fiercely beautiful and alluringly strange Grace Jones said about her own look, sunglasses can serve as makeup on the go. With retro wing-tipped sunglasses or John Lennon circle shaped sunglasses, there are styles for every kind of woman or man. 

Let's just say I have erhmmmm....10+ sunglasses. These are my current favorite. These are the least inconspicuous shades of the bunch and I think they express my zest for fruit accessories superbly. 




No matter how high the sun decides to pull the cover's over herself to conceal her shine, I'll always have these kooky sunglasses. I've said this before, but I like to think it's sort of a "retro gangster" thing to wear your shades both at night and in your house. Why not? 


I feel that when it's cloudy and especially when it's rainy, you should always wear your brightest colors to brighten your mood. The sun will always be in and out of our lives but no matter what, I always try to cheer myself up through my clothing and accessories. It's the least I can do. 



Some songs I listened to while making this post: 
Sweet Transvestite - Rocky Horror Picture Show
Chica Chica Boom Chic- Carmen Miranda
Nowadays - Chicago Soundtrack 
Feeling Good - Nina Simmone








No comments:

Post a Comment