Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I Shoot My Own Reality: Channeling Frida Kahlo



“I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too. Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it's true I'm here, and I'm just as strange as you.” -Frida Kahlo

I'm thinking of you too Frida...










I leave you my portrait so that you will have my presence all the days and nights that I am away from you.
-Frida Kahlo






I love you more than my own skin.

-Frida Kahlo

...

I hope the exit is joyful and I never return
-Frida Kahlo


Photography by Isabella and Lauren Rangel
Vision by Las Tres Hermanas (Bridgett Rex, Lauren Rangel and Isabella Rangel)



1 comment:

  1. Amazing choices with the many different poses. I really like the one with your back turned looking into the sun, and out of all of the pictures the one right above the picture of you looking into the sun is my favorite. I love art in its many forms, and i like what your doing with your webpage/site. Keep up the good work. ;)

    ReplyDelete