Saturday, April 28, 2012

Full-Gown Fashion Fusion



Designer Rory Castillo held a fashion show at Lounge on 20 that benefited The Leukemia & 
Lymphoma Society. Models of all ages and ethnicities donned the delightfully creative designer gowns. 


Each gown was unique in their own way. But what I really enjoyed was the use of textures. In part because of heavy attention to detail such as beading, knotting, and other fabric applications, the clothes echoed traditional Middle Eastern styles while at the same time also resembling clothing from more Hispanic regions. This made for a fun and appealing twist!



It was apparent in both the excellent fit and color of dress chosen for each model that Rory Castillo truly not only cares about the craft but the wearer as well. 


Lucy Garcia and model/activist Maria Luna
As Fashion Week Las Vegas mentions in an article, Rory Castillo is extremely active in promoting and showing at charitable events. In my opinion, this is what makes a great Sun King. A man not only utilizing his talent but using it to help others in his community. I dub Rory Castillo Sun King of the week!





fashion  
Bravo! Bellissimo!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy with my dress, it's just perfect. The perfect dress for a perfect occasion, I can't wait to use it. Many thanks to the designer. I will be looking really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete